You could actually consider this to be more of a Chai tea.
- 3 cups of water
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (if not available use 1/8 teaspoon of powdered Ginger)
- 4 Ceylon or black tea bags (our favorite is Lipton)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a large saucepan bring water and the ginger to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add tea bags, cinnamon stick, whole cloves, peppercorns, and milk.
- Steep over medium to low heat about 5 minutes.
- Strain through a fine strainer or sieve and discard the solid pieces.
- Stir in the honey (more or less to taste).
- Pour into mugs.